Reminders About Avoiding Identity Theft
01:56 09 December in News
Identity Theft can affect you in many ways, but there are also many ways to keep your identity from being “hijacked,” and to assist you if you have been a victim of it:
- Protect your Social Security number (SSN), credit card and debit card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), passwords and other personal information.
- Protect your incoming and outgoing mail.
- Shred financial trash.
- Keep a close watch on your bank account statements and credit card bills.
- Avoid identity theft on the Internet.
- Review your credit record and report fraudulent activity.
- Contact the Federal Trade Commission for additional information.